Woodbury residents are trialling an additional fold-away white sack which they can put their cardboard in that will be collected weekly at the kerbside. The trial is during March and April.
They can tell us what they think about the trial by filling in the paper questionnaire that's been sent to their homes, or by completing this same questionnaire here online before 19 April 2019.
Fill in the online questionnaire. Only residents in the Woodbury recycling trial area can fill in this questionnaire.
If you live in the Woodbury recycling trial area and need a copy of the questionnaire in large print or any other format please email email@example.com or call (01395) 517569.
Why are we doing this trial?
In 2017 we introduced a new recycling service across East Devon and our householders are now among the best recyclers in the country, recycling more than 57% of their waste every week.
- Our area is growing, people recycle more and habits change. More of us are shopping online and what we're buying is packaged in cardboard. So more cardboard needs to be recycled.
- It's easy for glass to accidentally be included with cardboard recycling, which creates problems for the people who process East Devon's recycling. We need to find a way to keep cardboard separate.
- Separating cardboard means we can collect your recycling quicker. This means our lorries will disrupt your neighbourhood for less time.
A separate bag could solve these problems. It also improves the quality of the recycling, which means we can get the best price for it. This keeps costs down and gives you value for money.
Why in Woodbury?
- Woodbury has lots of different types of homes, so we'll learn if the new white sack suits most people. Around 870 homes are in the trial.
- As one recycling crew collects all of Woodbury's recycling in one journey, we can accurately measure the results of the trial which will help us see if it works.
Data Protection for the questionnaire:
Any personal information which you provide will be held and used by East Devon District Council for the purpose of consultation. Your information will be provided to SNAP Surveys Ltd who are acting on our behalf to perform the data collection and data entry of your completed questionnaire and contact form. Your information may also be shared within East Devon District Council for the purposes of carrying out our lawful functions. Otherwise your personal information will not be disclosed to anybody outside East Devon District Council without your permission, unless there is a lawful reason to do so, for example disclosure is necessary for crime prevention or detection purposes. Your information will be held securely and will not be retained for any longer than is necessary. There are a number of rights available to you in relation to our use of your personal information, depending on the reason for processing. Further detail about our use of your personal information can be found in the relevant Privacy Notices which can be accessed online: http://www.eastdevon.gov.uk/privacy