Open for Business

We’re building a new website for East Devon and want to know what you think.

Council Home Mutual Exchange

East Devon tenants have the right to exchange their council home with another council or housing association tenant providing both landlords agree.  East Devon no longer holds its own Internal Mutual Exchange Register.

East Devon now subscribes to Homeswapper,  this means that all East Devon tenants can subscribe free of charge and register their interest to exchange.  If you would like to subscribe or find out more information about Homeswapper  then please follow the link below.  You can also advertise for an exchange in local papers and shops; in the area that you are hoping to move to.

Once you have found someone to swap with and you have looked at each others properties and agreed to the move in principle you will need to apply in writing to The Housing Needs Team; please download the PDF file Mutual Exchange Application Form (33KB Portable Document Format - 22 November 2013 - PDF Help) or contact the Housing Needs Team at the Council on 01395 516551and request the forms get sent to you.

Please remember that you will be signing to take the property as seen and no re-decoration or improvement works will be carried out by the council.

What happens next?

Page last updated on 28 January 2015