3. Parking permits Terms and Conditions
Please see the Terms and Conditions for using a parking permit.
• Permits are only valid for use by the vehicle with the vehicle registration number recorded on the East Devon District Council permit portal.
• All permits commence on the day of the month chosen by the applicant.
• Vehicles must have valid car tax (Road Fund Licence / Vehicle Excise Duty) and insurance to use the permit.
• The Council does not guarantee the availability of parking spaces.
• No refunds are given on permits.
• Permits are issued in accordance with the terms and conditions of the East Devon District Council Parking Places Order, which can be viewed at the Council Offices, Blackdown House, Border Road, Heathpark Industrial Estate, Honiton, EX14 1EJ.
• The permit is not valid in any Devon County Council Pay and Display zone.
• Motorcaravans (motor homes) are only permitted to park in East Devon District Council car parks between 8am to 10pm.
Restrictions to using the permit in short stay car parks (shown below)
• The permit is only valid for one visit per day in each short stay car park between 8am and 6pm Monday to Saturday.
• The permit is only valid for up to three hours of parking.
• The permit is only valid for up to two hours of parking in the Roxburgh car park, Sidmouth.
• The permit can be used in multiple short stay car parks in the towns where the permit is valid on the same day.
• There is no restriction of use of permits on Sundays. However, you can never stay in excess of any ‘maximum stay’ restriction that is in place.
• A ‘maximum stay’ restriction applies to how long a vehicle can be parked and applies to everyone.
• Vehicles must be parked wholly within the parking bays indicated by the markings on the surface of the car parks.
• When parked in a designated space for use by disabled people, a valid disabled person’s blue badge must be clearly displayed.
• There is no charge for transferring a permit to another vehicle. This can be done by the permit holder via the permit portal.