Recycling & waste collections
(green recycling sack, green recycling box and food caddy)
- 27/07/21 - There is likely to be some disruption to recycling collections in Sidmouth & Newton Poppleford today. If affected please leave containers out for collection and we will collect as soon as we can.
- 26/07/21 - There was some disruption to recycling collections in Chardstock & Axminster yesterday. If affected please leave containers out for collection and we will collect as soon as we can.
- 23/07/21 - There was some disruption to recycling collections on Friday. If your road has been affected please leave containers out for collection and we will collect as soon as we can.
- Our crews are having to deal with an increasing amount of cardboard material at this time. If you have a large amount of cardboard please spread the amount over a few collections if possible.
(black wheeled bin or gull sack)
- All scheduled as normal
- All collections scheduled as normal.
Bulky household items
(large furniture items)
- This service has been temporarily suspended.
All bulky household collections will be made from outside of the property
Items should be left outside of the property for at least 72 hours before the collection is due
Social distancing is maintained between our collection staff and residents during the collection.
Thank you for your help in protecting our crews.
- All scheduled as normal
- Scheduled as normal
Due to exceptionally heavy use some dog bins are overflowing. As soon as staffing levels allow we will be catching up with collections but this will take sometime. To help with the situation -please take dog waste home, double bag it and put it in your wheeled waste bin.
Please help our recycling & waste crews
As everyone is staying at home under the lockdown guidance we are all producing near record amounts of recycling each week. Our crews are working very hard to continue to collect your recycling on your normal scheduled collection day. One way you can help our crews is by putting large quantities of single materials that would normally go in your recycling box in a container separate from your green recycling box. Putting glass or cardboard in a separate box is a great help to our crews and makes the collection a bit easier for them – you can use a cardboard box or any old storage box as your extra container.
Please do not place extra recycling out in black refuse bags
Thank you for helping our crews. Please keep recycling these valuable resources.
Building up extra waste?
Please help our crews. Our managing waste at home page has tips to help.
If your household is affected by the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
If your household is affected by the Coronavirus, any waste materials that you come in contact with need to be handled carefully before they are collected to help prevent further spread of the virus.
Please ensure you adhere to the following:
- All contaminated items you produce, including tissues, cleaning cloths and wipes and masks, need to be put into a plastic bag. Tie the top of the bag to prevent escape of the material
- Put the bag inside another bin liner and tie the top of the bag
- Keep the bagged waste for a period of 72 hours in a place that cannot be accessed by other people or pets
- Put the bag in your wheeled waste bin (or gull sack if you use one) for safe collection by our crew. The bagged waste must be contained in your wheeled bin and the bin put out in your normal collection point. Do not put the bag on the kerb-side where people could have contact with it
- If you have an assisted collection, bag the waste as described above, and put it out in your usual assisted collection point in your wheeled bin or gull sack
The Coronavirus outbreak has resulted in significant staff shortages in our recycling and waste collection crews.
This means we have to restrict the number and type of collections we are able to make each day.
Your collections may not be made by your normal vehicle.
The materials we collect are valuable resources and we will continue to recycle and process all the materials we collect during the outbreak as we do normally.
We will continue to make collections on your normal scheduled days so you can still check your collection days on the East Devon web-site, using the East Devon App or the Alexa recycling skill as you do now.
Each day’s collections will be explained in the box above.